The Professional School of Materials Engineering offers its graduates the possibility of integrating into the New Materials Era. Through the use of The scientific method,the Material Engineer will be capable of mastering the technology of new alloys,metals,glass,ceramics,and polymers of an advanced generation as well as and composite materials (combination of two or more materials), glass fibres ,graphite and more. The material engineer will be responsible for the processing, selection, design and optimisation of these materials for specific use.
To play a part in the management of new materials.
Develop modern technologies for the use of new material: Ceramics, polymers, compounds, fibre glass, graphite, etc.
Manipulate the structure of material to obtain new materials.
Material engineering, due to its interdisciplinary nature presents employment opportunities in:
- Basic industries of manufacture and manufacture of polymers, plastics and derivatives, manufacture of ceramic articles, glasses, etc.
- Industry with new technology, semiconductors, electronic materials, materials for communications, and the generation and transport of energy.
- Emergent technological industries, accessories and biomedical materials, prosthetics, materials for solar and nuclear energy and materials for use in the protection of the environment.
- Technological industries involved in the manufacture of products in the wider market: Autoparts for the motor, aviation and naval industry, structures for chemical construction and durable goods.
Duration, Degrees and Diplomas
- Duration: 5 years.
- Academic Degree: Bachelor of Science in Materials Engineering.
- Professional Diploma in Materials Engineering
Av. Independencia s/n - Pab. Ing. Materiales
+51 54 200037