Peru has great potential for growth in its tourism sector. The challenge is therefore to maximise the competitive advantages of the country, achieving the high standards of productivity and quality of services through the efficiency of the professionals in this sector. Faced with such a situation, the National University of San Agustín de Arequipa assumes the need for the training of professionals offering the specialty of Tourism and Hospitality within the Faculty of Social Historical Sciences, the School will provide the graduates with the perception and tools to identify, evaluate and develop strategies to achieve greater competitiveness and growth of the tourism sector in Peru.
- To demonstrate capacity for logical reasoning, abstraction, reflection, creativity, analysis and synthesis.
- Methodological , investigative and projective management, specialised in tourism.
- To organise and manage companies from the tourism sector.
- To design and develop promotional advertising and marketing targeted at the dissemination of attractive resources and tourism services.
Areas of professional development:
- Accomodations, restaurants, travel agencies. Recreation centers, clubs, casinos, transport companies land and air, museums, art gallery, small businesses, trade fairs, colleges and universities.
- Independent consultant in the area of tourism services and businesses, they create their own company in the sector, occupy managerial positions of public or private companies within the tourism sector nationally or internationally.
- Companies of the tourist sector as: Communicator and distributor of the tourist activity, responsible for the administration and management of the projects.
- Study Plan
Duration, Degrees and Diplomas
- Duration: 5 years.
- Academic Degree: Bachelor of Science in Tourism and Hospitality
- Professional Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality
Av. Venezuela s/n - Pab. Sociales 2º Piso
+51 54 224166