The role of Metallurgical Engineering is related to the mineral processing, as well as the subsequent transformation into consumer or capital goods, which contribute to the development and well-being of human life.
- Design and optimize metallurgical processes and operations in the area of extractive and transformative metallurgy.
- Formulate, manage and administer companies related to the metallurgical industry.
- To investigate and apply scientific and technological knowledge according to our reality in mineral processing.
- Formulate solutions to mitigate the impacts of metallurgical processes on the environment.
The Metallurgy Engineer, upon graduation, is able to act and work in:
- Plants focused on metallic and non-metallic minerals.
- Plants focused on Pyrometallurgical and hydrometallurgical processes for obtaining metals.
- Metal refineries, and plants designed for the production of iron and steel; Metal Casting & Forming.
- Heat treatment, metal structures, alloying, specialized welding, metal mechanics, and galvanotechnics industries.
- Quality control Companies, auditing, and metallurgical mining, commercialization of minerals, concentrates and metals.
- Marketing of supplies or raw materials for the metallurgical industry.
- Investigation Institute.
- Entrepreneurship and Higher Education.
Duration, Degrees and Diplomas
Duration: 5 years
Academic Degree: Bachelor of Science in Metallurgical Engineering
Professional Diploma in Metallurgical Engineering